The Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics is an integral part of the Stanford University Physics Department.
SITP's success has in no small part been due to a special awareness of the interconnectedness of what to others may seem like unrelated phenomena, and the recognition that progress in one area may hold the key to unraveling the puzzles of the others. SITP's work is strongly connected to these other groups within the larger Stanford scientific community:
- Stanford Applied Physics Department
- Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials (GLAM)
- Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (KIPAC)
- Quantum Fundamentals, ARchitectures, and Machines (Q-FARM)
- Stanford Linear Accelerator (SLAC) - Theoretical Physics Group
- Stanford Materials Science and Engineering Department